What's In A Name? Everything!

Today feels like a cop-out day because I don't have any new artwork to post. Between a funeral and a baby shower I just don't have the time I'd like to sit down and work on Battlesquad today. I would still like to put something game-related up, though.

I'm one that likes to buck stereotypes in my projects and I've already started that a little, making the protagonist a self-assured pilot. I'm carrying this over to his love interests as well.

I've been hesitant to write too much about them because they're still nameless. Hell, even the protagonist is still nameless though I've got a few ideas. Picking names is one of my least favorite aspects of creating characters and story.

The name you give your characters is just as important, if not more so, than their character design. People fondly remember the names of their favorite characters instantly, decades later. So I typically spend way too much time juggling first and last names until I find something that sounds just right and five minutes later it's still not good enough.

So far I've debated naming the protagonist Fagan or Kyran Shaw. I don't have a name for either of the girls, but the girl from the engineering program is going to be a free-spirited, uninhibited, beat-of-her-own-drum sex pot.

If I could just settle on a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment